Looking for ways to disable Windows 8 Metro? Some might not like the Windows 8 Metro. Yes I personally found it’s weird without the touch screen on the Metro UI.
There are 2 way to get rid of the Metro view but we better prefer the registry edit method, because it can be revert back if anything happen. (you are fine if you do things right, stick with the instruction shown below)
Disable Windows 8 Metro
- Open regedit by typing regedit at the Start screen.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
- Modify the RPEnabled key to a “0” instead of the default “1”.
- In case to restore back to the Metro UI , just change the value back to a “1”.
Don’t forget to like this entry, Disable Windows 8 Metro thanks ~
Incoming search terms:
- windows 8 disable metro
- windows 8 professional disable metro
Category: Windows 8