Sometime when we travel along with how laptop, we may want to know how to set up wireless ad hoc network, means connection of a laptop to another laptop or more together.
Purpose? Let say there’s no wifi connection, but a friend of mine can online with his wireless card or modem, so I want to share the internet with him.
Wireless ad hoc network (laptop to laptop)
In the wireless wireless connection properties:
1. Press ”Add”
2. In the network name > enter SSID name or network name
3. Set the key of security if necessary, if not just set to disable.
4. Check ”This is a computer …..”
5. Press ”OK”
6. Press the ”Continue anyway”
Done. Now other computers can view and connect to your computer even without the need for a wireless LAN or any router.
* click image to view full size
Note that in order share an internet connection, in network connections > select your connection > right click, properties>advanced> search the Internet Connection Sharing.
Set up a wireless ad hoc network (laptop to laptop), pretty easy uh? Hope this help and solve your problem.